L’ annuncio ufficiale arriva dalla Blizzard in occasione del BlizzCon 2011: Mists of Pandaria sarà la nuova espansione tanto attesa di uno dei più famosi giochi online. Già ne parlai qui, annunciando l’ arrivo di una nuova razza ed, in effetti, sarà proprio così: i Panda accompagnati da una nuova classe, quella del Monaco.
Ma i cambiamenti previsti sono davvero tanti: nuovo sistema di pvp, maggior evoluzione per i personaggi e nuovi raid. Di seguito un video e diverse informazioni su questa nuova espansione.
- 5 New leveling zones to explore
- Single, unified continent
- Influenced by Asian landscapes
- AH, Bank, and Central Questing Hub
- No flying until max level
- There’s 5 leveling zones but they are very large zones, and you won’t have your flying mount.
- The pandarens are the new race.
- The female model isn’t done yet.
- At level 10, you will get to choose between horde and alliance.
- Pandaren Classes: Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warrior
- Racial — Epicurean — Increase the stat benefits from food by 100%
- Racial — Gourmand — Cooking skill increased by 15.
- Racial — Inner Peace — Your rested experience bonus lasts twice as long.
- Racial — Bouncy — You take 50% less falling damage.
- Racial — Quaking Palm — You touch a secret pressure point on an enemy target, putting it to sleep for 3 sec.
Monk New Class
- Brewmaster — Tank spec
- Mistweaver — Healer, a healer who can stand up in melee and will let players experience a “new healing style”
- Windwalker — Melee DPS
- This is not a hero class, and it will start at level 1
- The class is very martial-arts based
- Lots of monk-only animations, the healer and tanks will have different stances they can stand in, etc …
- Monk Races — All of them except Goblin and Worgens
- Leather Armor (Agility or Intellect)
- They hit a lot with hands and feet
- They will need weapons for some finishers: Staves, Fist Weapons
- They will also be able to use 1H Axe and maces, swords
- Healers will get off-hands, they don’t want healers to use shields.
- Chi (energy) slowly regenerates and is only used for your Jab and Roll abilities.
- Jab generates Light and Dark force, which are used for everything else. Some finishing move uses dark force, some use the light force.
- No auto attack! Devs want you to have this street fighter feel where you punch a lot
- Pro — The level 10 specs were really nice and gave you a role early in the game, definitely a keeper.
- Pro — Removing junk from the talent trees was also a very good move.
- Pro — Having some kind of choices for optional skills/subspecs worked out pretty well.
- Con — You had a risk of “skipping” important talents
- Con — There wasn’t enough junk removed
- Con — There wasn’t enough choices, you might have a different final talent point than another combat rogue but it just wasn’t enough. The cookie cutter build still persists.
- Con — No enough customization, no true hybridization (Using a little bit of 2 different trees)
- Con — Players got grumpy
Talent System 2.0
- The talent system is gone! Ok, not really, but it’s greatly changed.
- You now have your class abilities, your spec abilities, and your talents.
- You still choose your spec at level 10, and you get a spec ability at level 10. You will get additional spec abilities later. There are anything that you really need to function, they will just be given to you to make sure you have all the tools you need to have.